How to change the first day of the week on Windows 7Apr 26, 12
Recently I was working to populate a Date Dimension table and I discovered that the script used was basing the first of the week on my local machine. This was fine except I wanted to line up my weeks against our financial system which hand the end of the week on Friday, not Saturday is it looks like on a normal calendar.
Basically making the effective change below:
To do this, I performed these steps:
- Open control panel
- Go to Clock/Language/Region
- Under Date and Time, click Set the date and time
- Click Change date and time button
- Click Change calendar settings link
- Change First day of the week to your desired day
- Click OK, OK, OK, OK to get out of the dialogue boxes
- You are done!
Images of the steps are below (excluding the first step of opening control panel):